Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Detroit Tigers Paw

I went to my very first Opening Day, so I just HAD to make something fun for it!  I made a paw, using a foam blue paw as a base for it.  I then took orange glitter paper used for scrapbooking and cut it out in the shape I wanted, with a matching, slightly smaller version cut out of tiger-print felt, layered them, and hot glued them to the blue foam paw.  The letters, which took me a while to decide on, actually, are blue foam letters stuck onto white glitter paper (again for scrapbooking) and cut out in a boarder around the black foam lettering.  What you can't see, is there's a ribbon attached so it can latch onto the bag and hang for transporting in a more convenient way.  The photographer from Detroit News (newspaper) loved the paws (my mom made one as well) so much he took the biggest picture for the spread (one of the whole stadium) with us in the center.  It was an amazing shot, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment