Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Detroit Tigers Drawstring Bag

I made this from scratch, save for the stitching on the patch and such.  I made the bag from an orange color jean material and a navy blue cotton cord.  I added a Detroit Tigers patch (courtesy of Ebay, though you'd think you'd be able to find a Tigers patch in the Detroit area, right?) and words that say "Go get 'em Tigers!!" with a baseball and inside, my name.  I've also added a pocket in the inside for tickets.  The drawstrings go through eyelets I put in.  Each strap ended up having to have like 2 yards each of the cord, more than I'd expected.  The patches and letters are ironed on, and the bag is sewn together by both hand and machine, depending on the part.  I took it with me to Lakeland for Spring Training, which was great, but it's now a very appreciated part of my game outfit for the baseball games.  I had hoped for autographs, but since the Tigers are stingy, the Tiger D will just have to stand on its own!

No comments:

Post a Comment