Monday, February 6, 2012

Cousin's Logo Part 1

My cousin is a brilliant artist (it runs in the blood, you know?), and between crafts and photography, she has a lot going for her (Not to mention those three adorable kids!), but she has no logo!  Though I can't seem to find the paper with her company names, I started playing around anyway.  I started with this with the letter K.  I took it in Blackadder and, since I didn't like how messy it looked but really liked the curled ends and top, used the pen tool to outline it and make it more crisp.  I used the handles to clean it up more, and finally repeated it with the L.  I then took four of the K's and created the butterfly background.  I took the pieces and pasted them in Photoshop to do the colors.  There are actually two layers to the letters, making it blend with the butterfly, though subtly.  Finally, there's a gradient with color on the butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment