Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Web Graphics:
An Adventure in Comprehensive Icons

I did so much research for these!  Making useful graphics for topics can be challenging to keep from becoming too busy.  Anyway, they were created in Illustrator, some things (Like the globe map and some of the parts on the camera) were taken from graphics in my royalty free design library.  They are not terribly remade, because you want them to be recognizable, but I do think they're wonderful!  Even if they are a bit expected.  The image on the photo behind the camera is from another game I'd done earlier where I had to make mountains.  They were all created in Illustrator, then taken to Photoshop to apply the yellow glow around the light bulb, the shadow on the headphones and light bulb (they're blue) and under the camera and globe, as well as the shadows on the info button.  They were sort of the first thing I made to show everyone what I could do at the company other than this first big project I'd been assigned over the course of a couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment