Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Snowman Soup Tag

With Christmas around the corner, I drew back to a tradition in my family for a little gift.  Snowman Soup.  In a bag, you put three marshmallows, one candy cane, and one serving of hot chocolate.  You tie the bag and hang a tag with a poem on it.  To be different this year, I wanted to make my own tags.  From scratch, I made a snowman in Illustrator and then took it to Photoshop to make it look more painted.  Behind the text is a semi-opaque snowflake I made in Illustrator as well.  These would be printed on a pearl white scrapbook paper, cut out and placed on a black glitter tag with a white glitter and red V shaped design on the bottom that overlap to create a santa suit type of look.  An alternative is to have it printed on a white pearl scrapbook paper, cut out with crazy pattern scissors, place on a blue glitter paper, cut out in the same crazy pattern, but approximately 1/2" wider, then placed on a black glitter gift tag, reflecting the colors in the design.  I did a similar project with a letter to Santa 2 years ago, pictured below, to give a better idea of what the layering may look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment